Monday, May 12, 2008

Someone's Got a Case of the Mundays.....

Begin week 2 in the Zone....(cue scary music now...)

Breakfast - 1/3 oatmeal
1 tsp flax meal
1c strawberries
1 oz cheese
1 pint milk
6 almonds
I had one more protein, but i can't remember what it was....
Lunch - 1 cup homemade chicken tortilla soup (no tortillas in it...)
1 corn tortilla brushed with EVOO and baked to make chips
1 oz cheese

Snack - 2 fun size snickers (i hit a wall around 2:30pm)
3 almonds
Snack (after workout) - Zone Perfect bar... not a big fan...I tried it, but I think I like Luna Bars better
Dinner - 1/4 tortellini with tomato sauce
2c romaine lettuce
1 oz parmesan cheese
1 tbsp caesar vinegarette
1 c broccoli
Dessert - 1 oz dark chocolate

Kicking this sugar thing is ALOT harder than I thought it would be. I wish I had the discipline to actually do it. My sugar intake is much better than it used to be, but I've got to stop eating the sugary candy stuff....not sure how to do this! 

Did Fran today with Dustin and Grace at the park. Not too bad, considering I was dog tired! I posted a time of 4:59! That's about 5:15 faster than my first Fran time about 4 weeks ago. It was definitely a lung burner! 

Only 17 more days of school left!!! Then it's summer time :) I'm counting down the days.....I'm excited because I'll be making a trip to GSX athletics in Ft. Worth for a Texas affiliate meeting in June...Tucker rocks and I'm super excited to hang out with fellow Crossfitters! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth, I worked out with Annie this morning! She is prego again, but still kicking my butt. She has a beautiful tummy! What an amazing athlete. I feel so lucky to have her to chase. :) Keep up the great work girl! I feel your sugar pains. Hang in there.

Beth Spearman said...

thanks Kim!! I would be inspired each day!!!