Thursday, May 8, 2008

It's the small victories...

I managed to make it through teacher appreciation week without falling out of the zone too much! There were desserts, candy, and food that was SOOO hard to resist. I allowed myself to have a couple pieces of candy here and there, but nothing compared to what i would have done if not working hard at Crossfit and trying to eat right. 

Here's about what I had today...

Breakfast: 2 egg whites
1/2 c grapes
3 almonds
(I did not intend to have a 1 block "breakfast" but school was hectic this morning and I didn't have time to make my normal oatmeal)
Lunch:  3oz tuna
3tsp light mayo
6 crackers
1/3 fruit cocktail 3 block meal
Throughout the day I had approx 6 starburst fruit chews....
Snack:  1 Luna Bar
Snack: 9 almonds
Dinner: 1/2 c tortilla chips with salsa
1 very large cobb salad (lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, egg, avocado, bacon, honey mustard on the side - I dipped my fork)

Dinner was a major victory tonight! We met friends at a mexican food place and I'm normally the person chowing down in the chips and salsa prior to the meal and then ordering something along the lines of enchiladas and tacos. But I only ate  like 4 chips and controlled myself...not even a taste of the rice and enchiladas my husband was inhaling :) 

Tomorrow will be another eating adventure because the teachers on my team are eating at La Madeline for lunch and then I'm going over to my in-laws house for dinner...I think it's meatloaf, potatoes, and something else...

Today was a rest day for me. Tomorrow I'm planning on doing "diane" and probably some other metcon workout....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Beth! I found you through a Crossfit link. I am a fellow Crossfitter in Santa Cruz! I am also a teacher (1st-3rd) and trying my best to be a Zone girl. We have a lot in common. :) Good idea to keep a food journal. I think that really helps me - oh - and staying away from the staff goodies!

Beth Spearman said...

Hey Kim!!! We have wonderful parents at our school that LOVE to make things to put in the lounge!! I'm the person who walks by and grabs something each time, so even though I had a few pieces of candy...it was still a big deal to pass it up!

How long have you been zoning? This will be week 2 and I'm going to try and be a little more strict this week...we'll see how that goes :)