Monday, July 28, 2008

Yeah for me!

This weekend was a blast! My wonderful husband took me to San Antonio for the weekend. We stayed at La Mansion and went to a fabulous dinner on Saturday night. 

The restaurant was called "Biga on the Banks", located on the Riverwalk. It was pricey, but totally worth it. We both ordered beef tenderloin, but our waiter was having non of that, so he basically put together an "experience" for us (if you knew me, you'd know that I am not a very adventurous eater....I just ate my first fish meal a couple months ago!). So, he started bringing out different appetizers and salads. My first were two pork tenderloins cooked in a spicy Asian inspired sauce. Then he gave me a lettuce wrap...chicken you might think...but no...it was filled with cashews, ostrich, buffalo, and vennison! I ate it and I LOVED IT!! Best lettuce wrap I ever had :) Then I had a spinach salad with roasted quail on top...again, not something I would ever THINK about eating, but it wasn't that bad. 

I realized this weekend, that I don't need to eat tons of junky foods. I wish I could eat every night like I did on Sat. but that is not possible until I win the lottery or something :)  I decided that I am going to recommit to zoning and see how it goes. It's going to be rocky at first. I think I'm going to phase into it...dinner probably won't be a 'zone' meal, but my goal is that all my eating during the day will be. Dinner will be eyeballed, but my husband is not a zoner and he still likes his carbs!  AND I'm going to treat myself to a bit of ice cream every night! 

Today, I got  up and worked out at 7:15 this morning. I have another goal, which is to workout before work when school starts! That involves getting up at 5am to make it to workout by 5:15. I'm the person who sleeps until the last possible moment....but I want to do this. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beth - I am with you on the early bird workouts! The trick is really to get enough sleep! It is hard to go to bed early, but it makes all the difference in the world. I think when I work out early then it sets me up for a healthy day! Keep it up!!