Monday, October 19, 2009

A new way of life



So this is my new way of life. Bye bye bread, cookies, crackers, artifical sugar, and anything else you can think of that has too many chemical ingredients. Grocery shopping yesterday was interesting, I don't think I've ever bought so many fruits and veggies. I even bought some ground bison to try. Why make this change? Well it's for a few reasons.

1. Superficial - I want to look good and starches, sugars, and grains create a bloated look.

2. Performance - Since I Crossfit, eating this way will help me maintain energy and recover from workouts better.

3. Longevity - I want to live forever! Well, maybe not forever, but I want to at least give myself the best chance at a quality of life.

4. Challenge - I just want to try this and see if I can actually stick to it. My will power is not good, and I talk a good talk. Now it's time to walk the walk. I am a sugar junky, I love anything sweet, so this is a challenge for me.

After I left the grocery store last night and I got home and starting thinking about all the things I "wouldn't" be able to eat. The thought of that actually was depressing and I realized how strong my emotional attachment is to food. It was a little alarming! I mean, do I not have thousands of other things in my life to bring me joy and happiness? If I count on food to do this for me, then I have a serious problem! The only solution is to cut it out. Food is not emotional, it's sustanance, that's it. Eat to live...don't live to eat.

No comments: